BACKCOUNTRY SKI BRITISH COLUMBIA WINTER 2016 WITH THE MOUNTAINEER
The Mountaineer has partnered with the renowned Icefall Lodge (www.icefall.ca) to host an all-inclusive backcountry ski trip to the Canadian Rockies from March 19th through the 26th, 2016. Join the head of our ski department, Drew Haas, and the Adirondacks’ own Emilie Drinkwater of Cloudsplitter Mountain Guides for an amazing week of big mountains, deep snow, long runs and great food deep in the heart of the Canadian Rockies.
The package price includes:
- A “shakedown” guided day trip close to our Backcountry Ski Festival (early March 2016) in the Adirondack Mountains (Keene Valley area) to make sure participants have the proper equipment and to run through basic avalanche awareness training.
- Two nights (Thursday, March 16th and Friday, March 17th) in Golden at the Dreamcatcher Hostel (www.dreamcatcherhostel.com). We request that skiers arrive Thursday, March 16th to account for any potential flight delays and to get acclimated.
- Round-trip ground transportation from Calgary, Alberta to Golden, B.C. and heliport staging area outside of Golden.
- Lodging near the Calgary International Airport the night of Saturday, March 26th. Dinner in Banff en route to Calgary this evening is also included.
- Helicopter transportation from heliport staging area outside of Golden to Icefall Lodge.
- A week of professionally guided, world-class skiing in a magnificent setting.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner daily) freshly prepared by the Lodge’s in-house chef.
- Many other amenities including an on-site sauna, electricity, running water and the camaraderie of your fellow skiers.
After flying out of the Lodge on Saturday the 26th (if time and weather permit), we will stop in the town of Banff Springs for dinner, a soak in the hot springs, and a final night in Calgary (cost of lodging included in package) to catch morning flights home on Sunday.
The package price does not include:
- Airfare to/from Calgary
- Alcohol (you can purchase ahead and bring to the Lodge)
- Lift ticket at Kicking Horse Resort on Friday, March 17th. As we will not depart for the Lodge until Saturday morning, Friday is a day to stretch your legs at Kicking Horse and get acclimated. Lodging in Golden for the nights of Thursday, March 16th and Friday, March 17th is included in the price of this trip, but you are on your own for meals.
- Meals in Golden/at Kicking Horse (Thursday, March 16th and Friday, March 17th).
- Equipment (you must provide all of your own equipment, including avalanche safety equipment). No equipment rental will be available through The Mountaineer or the Lodge.
We have reserved the Lodge and are limiting the group to the first 10 registrants. Contact The Mountaineer with questions or to register (518.576.2281 or [email protected]).
Cost: $3,450 USD per person