Mountainfest Registration Will OPEN on November 5th, 2018!
PARTICIPANTS OF ALL CLINICS ARE LIMITED IN NUMBER AND MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED.
PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO CONSULT THE COURSE EQUIPMENT LISTS AND PREPARE ACCORDINGLY.
• NO “WALK-IN” REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. MUST PRE-REGISTER.
• Demo gear is available to participants and others – does not require pre-registration.
• All clinics will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
• All event registrations must be paid in full at time of registration. Refunds will be allowed for cancellations up until January 1st.
• All events will originate at Adirondack Rock and River, Alstead Hill Road, Keene, NY unless otherwise noted.
• All participants are entitled to a 10% discount at The Mountaineer on Mountainfest weekend by presenting confirmation of reservation.
• Event will happen no matter what the weather conditions. Be prepared!
• Saturday evening presentation is at our local High School – please do not bring alcohol to the school! We will lose our privileges if you do.
• Friday and Sunday evening slidesshows are at the Keene Arts Center, Route 73, Keene (located in the Old Methodist Church, between Stewart’s and Town Hall). This event is BYOB!
Lodging is available at the following many fine bed and breakfasts in Keene, Keene Valley and the area:
Keene Valley Lodge – 518 576-2003
Trails End Inn – 518 576-9860
The Hostel – 518 576-2030
Snow Goose – 518 576-9460
Rooster Comb Inn – 518 576-9916
Timberloft (apartment) – 518 576-4256
Cascade Ski Touring Center (Lake Placid) 518 523-9605
Jack Rabbit (Lake Placid) – 518 523-0123
ADK Trail Inn (Upper Jay) – 518 527-1155
Brookside Motor Inn (Upper Jay) – 518 946-8369
Namaste Inn (Elizabethtown) – 518 873-2332
Great Local Eateries and Cafes:
Ausable Inn (Keene Valley) 576-9584
Baxter Mountain Tavern (Keene Valley) 576-9990
Noonmark Diner (Keene Valley) 576-4477
Cedar Run Bakery (Keene) 576-9929
No cancellations due to weather (this is a benefit event). Event will happen no matter what the weather condition. Pre-registration is required for all classes. Please pay at the door for the slide shows and spaghetti dinner.
Keene Valley Fire Dept. Spaghetti Feed $ 15 (pay at the door)
Friday night show at Keene Arts Center – $ 10 (pay at the door)
Saturday night show at KCS – $ 10 (pay at the door)
Sunday night show at Keene Arts Center – $ 10 (pay at the door)
Beginning Ice with Jim Pitarresi- $160
Learn To Lead with Will Roth- $170
Beginner Mountaineering with Chad Kennedy- $170
Intermediate Ice with Matt Horner and Matt MCCormick- $170
Poko Waterfall Ice with Anne Gilbert Chase- $180
Steep Ice for the Weak and Chickenhearted with Don Mellor- $170
Go Climb a Slide with and Jeremy Haas $ 175
X-rated Climbing with Ian Osteyee $170
Learn to Lead with Matt Shove-$170
Poko Waterfall Ice with Colin Haley-$180
Backcountry Snowshoeing with Carl Heilman $95
Avalanche ABC’s with Chuck Boyd $ 95
Avalanche Field Work $ 45 (half-day)